CCR Board Vice President Alex Rosenberg will take supporters on a trip to Cuba to explore the politics, culture and art of the vibrant country! At this time the application deadline has passed.
On this trip, participants will visit historic old Havana and learn about the history and restoration of Cuba's beautiful colonia area. The group will participate in a reception at the Ludwig Foundation of Cuba and meet members of Cuba's judicial, cultural and religious committees. They will meet representatives from the Foreign Ministry and experts in history, economy and politics of Cuba. Visitors will see art, cultural, educational and religious institutions including a guided tour of the Museo de Bellas Artes' Cuban art collection; Galeria Habana for an overview of Cuban art; Hemingway's house, La Finca Vigia; churches and synagogues; and a Santeria ceremony. Meetings with artists in their studios for an inside view of contemporary Cuban art and visits to Las Terrazas, a UNESCO sponsored Biosphere Reserve are also planned.
For every reservation made, Alex will donate $500 to CCR to support its International Human Rights work. That portion of the reservation is tax deductible.
When: February 17-24, 2013
- Roundtrip airfare from Miami to Cuba
- 7 nights accommodation in the Hotel Nacional de Cuba's Executive Floor
- 7 breakfasts (Executive Dining Room)
- 4 lunches
- 5 dinners
- Humanitarian and Cultural visits
- Admission fees
- Meeings with legal, economic and foreign affairs specialists
- Travel license and visa
- Air-conditioned transportation with bilingual guide
- Airport/Hotel transfers in Havana
- Health Insurance